Maria BALL b c1800

3 replies [Last post]
gillian

In the journal index there is  an entry  for Volume 12, part 3, page 73, where a Mrs J M KING is listed as being interested in Maria BALL b c 1800 who I believe made a sampler. I can't access the article (in Australia) but am very keen to have contact with Mrs King and to learn what the article says.

I believe Maria Ball was my great great grandmother's sister.  She was baptised at Bridgnorth in 1800 the eldest daughter of Benjamin BALL and Sarah PHILLIPS.  Benjamin was one of the iron founders who constructed the Ironbridge, and among other works built the Quay Bridge at  Tewkesbury, but that is another story.

Maria became a teacher first at Broseley, then at Trevethin where she ran a school in Varteg Terrace and had innumerable family members living with her.  She died in 1875 as a single person, death registered at Bridgend Glamorgan

I am in the process of joining SFHS, but as it is a postal affair, I am impatient! 

Michael J Hulme

Hello Gillian

I have scanned the four page article from the Journal by Mrs King and emailed it direct to you.

Contacting Mrs King may be more of a problem but I am trying to make contact and will let you know the result when I have one.

Mike

Michael J Hulme

Hello Gillian

I have just spoken to Jean King and she will email you shortly.

Mike

Floriza

Hello Gillian

Just today , I've been looking through some of my Nana's old paperwork and found some research that a genealogist carried out for her in the eighties.  I see that her family were traced to Ragfield Row in Hadley, Shropshire.

Surname was BALL - Census year 1841 - Emelia, John, Ann, Emma and Ellen.  Would be amazing if they appeared in your tree !!!