Solomon LEDGER (Builder) b. 1811 Gainsborough

3 replies [Last post]
lynnepa

I am trying to find out as much information as I can about my great-great grandfather Solomon Ledger who was well known in Gainsborough. He was a businessman, builder and all round sportsman. His 1st wife was Eleanor Pickersgill who died in 1840 at the age of 25 and she is buried in Gainsborough parish church with their baby Charles.They also had a son, Henry, born in 1839.  His 2nd wife was Mary Ann Old and they married in 1842 and had Ann, Lucy Mary and Solomon William, born 1861. I would be very grateful for any information or photographs.

SFHS WebMaster (not verified)

Hi Lynne, I'm not sure if anyone on here will be able to help you as there appears to be no Shropshire connection. What I would suggest is contacting a more local (to Gainsborough) group e.g.. Gainsborough and District Heritage Association or Lincolnshire Family History Society, they should have the resources to give you a helping hand.

Graham

lynnepa

Thanks very much Graham. It's another side of my family that comes from Shrewsbury that I should have put on, not this one, must have had a blonde moment. Well spotted and kind regards!!   

SFHS WebMaster (not verified)

smiley