Mary ECCLESTON 1851 Whixall

4 replies [Last post]
cockberryhall

My great grandmother Mary ECCLESTON had 3 children before she married John VAUGHAN. I know about James and Charles Henry, but I can't find the third child anywhere. Also I cannot find her death, she married again after John VAUGHAN had pass away to Thomas JINKS who is buried at Bettisfield in 1913 aged 82, she was still alive then I believe.

Any help on the missing child and her death would be great

Debi

cockberryhall

Sorry its 1851......

david64

Can you provide a concise abstract of the family? Such as this:

John Jones (1872, Llansilin - 1960, Oswestry) m. Jane Morton (1876, Oswestry - 1950, Oswestry), 1899 @ Ellesmere
[List of children with details]

So long as your family were Church of England, the best starting point would be parish registers for the relevant parish(es). These are at Shropshire Archives and possibly available from LDS family history centres. In some instances registers may still be at the church. If you can't get access to these, you can pay a researcher to. You can also use GRO certificates (more expensive). Unfortunately, without either of the above, it is not possible to reliably trace your tree. Research can be quite expensive to do properly, esp. if you are interested in siblings & cousins of ancestors.

John Nolan

1891 Census Cadney Bettisfield, Ellesmere

Mary Vaughan widow age 40 born 1851 Wixall Shrops Charwoman

Charley Vaughan age 7 born 1884 Ellesmere

Richard Vaughan age 5 born 1886 Bettisfield Flintshire

Married John Vaughan in 1883.

James Ecclestone is on 1881 Census age 7 born 1874 Wixall Shrops with mother with others (Rogers Family) at The Rowe Ellesmere

This links in but not with children born before marriage. Do you have any more details on Mary or children?

All the best

John

cockberryhall

Hi, Charley VAUGHAN is my grandfather Charles Henry but when she married john VAUGHAN she put down his surname down as VAUGHAN and he thought he was until he found out he was ECCLESTON, when he married my grandmother. I only found out the was another child from Shropshire Archives who told me on the Ellesmere workhouse records it said the was another 2 children before my grandfather. She had my grandfather in the workhouse but not the other 2 and left once he was born, a few months later she married John Vaughan.

GRO are no help as they told me they do not have a record of her death and could I supplied them with birth certificate etc to show that she did exist. I sent them a letter giving dates so all they had to do was check there records but they want me to buy birth certificate etc off them then send a copy of them back to them.

Debi