LLOYD family of Bishops Castle 1780 - 1830

2 replies [Last post]
Peterlloyd

Solomon Morgan LLOYD died in Westminster in 1854. The 1851 census shows he was a Hairdresser by trade and was born in Bishops Castle c1783. I believe he was the son of William and Hannah LLOYD and the brother of Henry Morgan LLOYD , my Great Great Great Grandfather (who was also a Hairdresser). Any information on the family would be appreciated. Are there any burial records available on line for Bishops Castle ?

PhilPoole

Peter,

Do you subscribe to either the Ancestry or FindMyPast websites? If you do then on FindMyPast you can find Solomon's baptism in Bishop's Castle in 1783, the son of William & Hannah Lloyd. FindMyPast also has the Shropshire Parish Registers available, and includes a burial record for William Lloyd (1751-1836) and Hannah Lloyd (1755-1835). both in Bishop's Castle. Without knowing more about your family I'm guessing this could be Solomon's parents.

On the Ancestry website there is a 1818 record for Solomon as a Hairdresser in St. James, London in 1818, and there is also a very extensive family tree which includes Solomon's parents, his seven children and at least one generation below them.

If you don't subscribe let me know and I'll see if I can put you in touch with the owner of the Ancestry family tree.What is your relationship to Solomon?

Regards, Phil Poole

Peterlloyd

Hi Phil, Thanks for the information it is very useful. I do subscribe to Ancestry and FMP so will follow up as suggested. I have only just discovered the family connection to Solomon Lloyd. He seems to be the brother of my Great Great Great Grandfather, Henry Morgan Lloyd who died in Knighton, Radnorshire in 1847. The family could never understand why Henry (who was a hairdresser) moved from London in the 1830's to such a small town on the Welsh border. We have always thought he must have been familiar with area then a cousin of mine discovered the death of Solomon (hairdresser, born Bishops Castle) during her research last week. We are pretty certain we now have the right family . Thanks again and good searching. Peter Lloyd