Edward POOLE born 1816 Broseley

5 replies [Last post]
PhilPoole

I'm researching Edward Poole. According to 1851 Census he was 35 years old (i.e. born 1815/1816) in Broseley, and married to Phoebe ?. I've been unable to find his birth and marriage records on IGI, I suspect because Broseley (St. Leonard's) was not covered by IGI. Can anyone confirm this. I'm particulkarly interested in confirming who is parents were.

Thanks

bristolloggerheads

An Edward Poole married Phoebe Harrison Sep. Quarter 1840 Madeley 18 121 His marriage certificate should give you the details you need.

PhilPoole

Many thanks. Now have the marriage certificate, which leads me to think that Edward is not part of my Pool(e) ancestry.

For the record marriage was on 16th August at Broseley Parish Church : Edward, of full age, bachelor of Broseley, occupation collier, father John Pool, collier; Phoebe Harrison, spinster of Broseley, father Edward Harrison, waterman.

On 1841 Census Edward was recorded as being a Tile Maker and in later life as Brick Maker.

bristolloggerheads

Going back another hundred years the Poole family of Broseley were trowmen / watermen. I may be able to help if you get back this far.

PhilPoole

Thanks for the offer. I'm currently stuck with my g.g grandfather Isaiah Poole bap 1817 in Dawley Magna, mother Sarah, but no father's name in Parish Register, although John Poole was recorded on his marriage certificate. Isaiah was BoilerMaker and moved to Liverpool. A distant cousin has had DNA profile, which could link our families back to:

Thomas POOL born in 1751 in Market Drayton..  Settlement Certificate.  Thomas married Elizabeth DORRICOTT on 22 June 1770 in All Saints Parish Church, Wellington.

P291/A/3/1  Wellington All Saint's Marriage Register  Thomas Pool of this Parish and Elizabeth Doricott of this Parish were Married in this Church by Licence this Twenty second Day of June in the Year One Thousand Seven Hundred and seventy By me William Kiffin curate This Marriage was folemnized between Us  Thomas Pool X his mark Elizabeth Doricott X her mark In the Prefence of William Gaylem Job Shimoll 

P316/L/8/90 Dec 03,1783 Examination of  Thomas Pool (X), age 32, wife Elizabeth, children: Thos. 12, John 9, Eliz. 7, Richard 4, Wm. inf.  Born Market Drayton, about 13 yrs ago hired self to Mr. John Briscoe, Apley Castle (gained Settlement), lives Wrockwardine Wood.

A John Pool (Thomas' son?) married Sarah Phillips in 1796 in Broseley, and they had 7 children including Sarah baptised in 1798. Could this be Isaiah's mother if the DNA profile is correct?

If all this is correct, then I don't think we're related to your Pool family, but I'll keep an open mind.

bristolloggerheads

Not my Pool(e) family by the way.

There are 6 Poole probate documents at Lichfield relating to 4 Pooles from Wellington and 2 from Dawley between 1672 and 1745