Denbighshire/Flintshire 1841 Census Records

2 replies [Last post]
PhilPoole

I'm doing some research for a distant relative who lives in California. We're trying to find her ancestors in 1841 Census in Denbighshire & Flintshire, but now suspect these records are "missing" (this is based on info on www.ancestry website). Does anyone have knowledge of the extent of missing records (e.g. Wrexham). I've looked at the Denbishire F.S. website doesn't appear to have same great service as SFHS for asking this type of question.

Many thanks

Phil Poole

Michael J Hulme

Hello Phil

The Ancestry page located here (which you may already have seen) has a list at the bottom of the page of Known problems with the 1841 Census: which includes Piece 1408 Flintshire Parish Wrexham (part) and I think the missing part is for the Township of Abenbury Fechan if I am reading it correctly. Presumably all the rest has survived.

If you look on The National Archives web site you will find some information (near the bottom) about "PARISH: Wrexham (part) MISSING, TOWNSHIP: Abenbury Fechan MISSING. Rest is MISSING from Bromfield Hundred." I will leave you to read the detail.

Mike

PhilPoole

Mike,

Many thanks for prompt response. I'd seen the Ancestry info, but not the National Archives. I'm guessing we'll be stuck without the 1841 info. It's an interesting family we're researching that kept switching surname from Moyle to Moile to Moiles (and back again), but eventually ended up as Miles in late 1800's !

Thanks again for your reply

Phil