Burial place of Freda WOODCOCK c1936 - Woore?/Mucklestone?

8 replies [Last post]
Marjorie McLauchlan

Please can anyone help, we are trying to find the Burial place of Freda WOODCOCK died 30/10/1936 North Stafford Infirmary lived The Bungalow Pipe Gate Drayton (maiden name PUGH ) married William WOODCOCK.
She died age 24 years leaving a 2 year daughter who is now 79 and would love to find out where her Mum is buried. It has always been thought she was buried in Woore or Mucklestone.

A very kind member of SFHS has looked up all the Monumental Inscriptions, but can't find her so she has suggested I post this as a last chance that someone might be able to help.
Regards
Marjorie

angela35

Here is the Staffordshire Council website link, phone them up and they maybe will help if you give them some details

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/contact/stoke/Sources/S...

Good luck, I did the same in Cumbria years ago to find my Gran's grave.

Angela

P.S Just found this also;

Hartshill or Stoke Cemetery is situated to the west of Queen's Road, a late-C19 road which extends south from Hartshill to Penkhull, passing to the west of the Royal Staffordshire Infirmary. This could be where she may be buried.

Marjorie McLauchlan

Thank's Angela I phoned them yesterday waiting for them to get back to me.
I have also been in contact with William Salt Library for a funeral notice no luck there, but they suggest Shropshire Archives might be able to help.
Regards
Marjorie

deePeye

Hello Marjorie,
Whilst also not a Salopian (past family were), I hope you make progress through these valuable suggestions.  
You may however also wish to consider whether Freda was buried along with one of her PUGH family.  At least two members of my family when dying young (even though already married), were buried in a already existing family grave.  Might she have been born in December quarter (Oct-Nov-Dec) 1911 in Market Drayton, with her mother's maiden name of DUNN?  Such birth appears via FreeBMD (GRO ref: Market Drayton 6a/1183).   It's a long shot, but it might be worth checking out whether Freda was similarly laid to rest with a deceased parent or sibling in Market Drayton.  The Municipal Cemetery (in Cemetery Road) has a lodge which I think can be contacted on 01630 652 833.  There are also graves surrounding the Parish Church of St Mary (01630 652 631) and another churchyard (now full) at Christ Church, Little Drayton.  Sorry I can't put my finger on a number, but the Parish Administrator is Emma Binns e-mail: emmabinns@hotmail.com.
Hope these details help should you have to widen your enquiries.
David

Marjorie McLauchlan

Hi David
thank you for these contact details. Freda died before both of her parents but I never thought about she could be buried along with a sibling.
I just received the death certificate a few days ago,I find it very strange that her maiden name Pugh is not mentioned on it.
I will most definitely make enquiries that you have kindly suggested.

Regards
Marjorie

Marjorie McLauchlan

Hi David
Yes her mothers maiden name was DUNN
Marjorie

deePeye

Hi Marjorie,

Wise to treat my suggestion as 'if all else fails'.  A quick search for immediate siblings (over a spread of years either side of Freda) has only come up with one: Nora (who you may know about) born March quarter 1916 (GRO ref: Market Drayton 6a/1111).  Can't readily see her death either, so I may sadly be leading you up a blind alley. 

Hope you have better luck with newspaper announcements or cemeteries mentioned.  Good luck!

Regards, David

Marjorie McLauchlan

David I am grateful for any suggestions, I was not aware of Nora so thank you for that.
Freda's daughter doesn't keep good health, so that's why we are trying all we can for her.
Marjorie

Marjorie McLauchlan

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me find Freda Woodcock.
She is buried in Woore the grave in the church yard I still need to find but the entry has TG , I am now waiting for a copy of the death notice in the Staffordshire Sentinel from Stoke Library Hanley and the burial record from Shropshire Archives.
Regards
Marjorie McLauchlan