TEAGUE family from Wellington area in early to mid 1800s

3 replies [Last post]
Peggy McGeady

I am trying to research my ancestors from the Wellington, Ketley & Wombridge area.  The oldest I have come across is Jabez TEAGUE born around 1835, his father was John TEAGUE c 1801 and mother Margaret BARNES (or BURNS) c 1807.

If anyone has any information on these families around this time I would love to hear from you.

Peggy McGeady

jabez

If you come across any HOULSTONs linking up with your TEAGUEs in the areas you mention, please let me know. John

CakeSlayer

Would a HOULSON be Dinah or Diana, or variants of?

KenJohnson

I am researching the JOHNSON family that lived at Eyton upon the Weald Moors as shown on the 1851 and 1861 UK Censuses. My great-grandfather was Henry JOHNSON and he was, as we understand, born in August 1866, out of wedlock, to Hannah JOHNSON who is listed as a daughter to Richard and Hannah JOHNSON in the above Censuses aged 1y and 11y respectively.

Why is this on a TEAGUE thread? When Henry married in South Australia in 1906 his father is recorded as "Henry TEAGUE".

In the 1871 Census, Hannah JOHNSON, aged 20y, was a servant for Henery and Elizabeth BROWN at Preston upon the Weald Moors.

Are there any records of a Henry TEAGUE in the Eyton-Preston-Wellington area of Shropshire in the 1860s?

Ken Johnson