Shropshire Inquest from March 1900.

2 replies [Last post]
Susie

Good evening

I am trying to locate inquest details from 1 March 1900, the inquest took place in Shropshire. the death was at Stafford Pit Priorslee . I have seen various bits of info regarding inquests but for different times so I am still uncertain as to where I should apply for this. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Thank you

Michael J Hulme

Hello Susie

The Shropshire FHS has created an index to Shropshire Quarter Sessions 1831-1920 which is available on CD-Rom - see Shop (above right) then top item Publications Catalogue.  The index is also available at Shropshire Archives where the original documents are stored.  These documents are unlikely to include full details of the inquest.

Whilst the index can be searched by date the name of the deceased is needed to find the correct entry.

In the end you will obtain the most information from a local newspaper which shouldn't be too difficult to find as you already have an exact date.

Mike

Susie

H Mike

Okay thank you, I do have the name as well so I will look at the CD. I will also try the local newspapers -will I have to go to the Shropshire Archives for that? 

Thanks so much

Susie