Richard LEWIS, b~1803 Shrewsbury, with probable father, Thomas LEWIS

1 reply [Last post]
bbffrrpp

Hello,

I've visited this site before in past years, but probably not recently.    Over the weekend I heard from another descendant of Richard LEWIS, b~1803 Shrewsbury.    He married in Liverpool in Jan. 1826 to Elizabeth TROUGHTON, b~1806 Hewswall, Cheshire.   They remained in Liverpool and had 7 children, 2 daughters, then 5 sons.     Other researchers have found them in the 1841 and 1851 censuses, etc.

I've been researching the family for 15 yrs. on-line  (aware of them for 20 yrs.), and, because of the people on the Liverpool List at RootsWeb, and other Lists, I have accumulated a lot of information.

But, I've been told there were 3 sets of possible parents for Richard LEWIS.   The probably parents were Thomas LEWIS and Harriett (unknown).

Last night I was searching on-line for an old post of mine at RootsWeb *  and I came across a discussion on .. this ... Board ..  about the same Richard LEWIS.     I think the contributor's name was E.C. LEWIS.    I wasn't a member at that moment, so I couldn't respond.     At 6 am now  (New England time), I am now a member.    But, at this second, I'm not finding a way to "search" the Board, and find that discussion again.

I am descended from one of the sons, John LEWIS.    He ended up meeting his next-door neighbor in Liverpool,  Isabella BURROWS  (born Skirton).   They married ~1857, and had their only child, John "Stanley "LEWIS, born 1859.     Unfortunately, by 1873, Stanley had lost both parents, and his uncle placed him in the "Liverpool Sheltering Homes."   In 1874, at 14, he was "shipped to Canada," as part of the UK's Child Migrant Scheme.

I have a lot more information.    I've never been able to find out anything about Richard and Elizabeth's 2 daughters.   One of their sons died young.   I have heard from a descendant of another son, and would like to hear from other descendants.

Thank you for your time.

Betty         (near Lowell, MA, USA)

(That's how I've been signing off on Lists and Boards for 15 yrs.)

(FYI:    RootsWeb has been DOWN for 3 weeks, and today it is back on-line again.

bbffrrpp

Hello,

I've just joined this Site and Forum today, and am having trouble posting my query.    I got an error notice that I'm supposed to post "a Comment."

Betty