Myford House birth 1960's

1 reply [Last post]
Johnny.

I was born in the Wrekin hospital on February 28th 1961. My name is John Paul McIntosh but I was born Trevor Paul NORMAN.
My mum had been sent to Myford House by her parents when being pregnant as the result of a date rape she was starting to show. Her name was Janet May NORMAN, a nanny from Shrewsbury.
I am looking to find any information about me and contact others born there around the same time.

[Administrator Notes] Moved to new Topic. As always please do not post ANY details of living persons without their express permission, leave your own contact details for Johnny to get back to you on.
Thanks

Michael J Hulme

Hello Johnny

I presume from your change of name that you were adopted, in which case have you obtained copies of your adoption papers?  If not I think you should probably start with Shropshire Council Social Services for general information and anything specific they have about you.  An initial contact by letter is probably best but you may need to visit in person.

In addition, have you got a copy of your original (biological) birth certificate?  If not then you should try to get this but I don't know if there are any complications in your circumstances.

I think it is most unlikely you will be able to obtain any patient records from Wrekin Hospital because they are probably on a hundred years closure, even if they survive.  Myford House still seems to exist but may have undergone many changes over the years.  You could write to them to see if they can help you.

Mike