John PENRHYN or PENRYN - Oswestry Parish Workhouse 1780's

No replies
Eric Aston

Hi

I am attempting to link a B, M and D for a John PENRHYN. The information I hold includes both my own and that given to me by those helpful people on Rootchat.com. Anyway here goes

Birth (possibly my relative) - Outside Shropshire but please read on

John PENRHYN Baptized 12/4/1737, Llandrino, Montgomeryshire

I cannot trace any John PENRHYN born in Shropshire at around the right time. A gentleman on Rootschat.com suggested that the above was probably the right man as he is only 30 miles from Market Drayton where a John PENRHYN got married, and only 8 miles away from where a John PENRHYN got buried. Can you find any other suspects called the same name born in Shropshire?

Marriage  (Definitely my relatives)

John PENRHYN, (who is a Saddler by profession), and Elisabeth DARBYSHIRE 23/10/1763 Market Drayton

Death (possibly my relative)

John PENRHYN 5/1/1788..Governor of workhouse. Oswestry Parish, St Asaphs Diocese.

Can anyone help me link all this information? I am unsure but could there be any documents still existing for the John PENRHYN's employment as a workhouse Governor? I did check, as I wondered if a Saddler could become governor of such an establishment, and have I  been reliably informed that the answer is yes.

Many thanks for reading this post

Regards

Eric Aston