Death of Horace John WILLIAMS, Wem 1945

5 replies [Last post]
diane

I'm looking for confirmation of the death of my grandfather Horace John WILLIAMS of the Ditches farm Ellesmere Rd Wem. The tale goes that he died in the Dickens Arms Noble St [Hole in the Wall] on 3/10/1945. Can anyone help with this, how do I check this out, was there a local paper then?                  

Regards Diane

Michael J Hulme

Hello Diane

I can confirm that Horace WILLIAMS of Ditches Farm, Wem was buried in the Whitchurch Road Cemetery, Wem on 6th Oct 1945 age 45 years.

He is in grave 15, Row 49 on the Wem side of the path and counting from the town side of the cemetery. The row nearest the Whitchurch Road was No.55 so Row 49 should be fairly easy to find.

Any of the local newspapers at Shropshire Archives should have details of his death.

Mike

havern

Hello Diane,

My father was your grandfather's eldest brother and executor of his will. I have a photo of the grave of him & your grandmother.

If you would like to put your email address in the "My account" at the top of the page the Webmaster can pass it on to me and we can continue this account off board. I have quite a lot of information on our family. I think we are probably second cousins. Hazel

Michael J Hulme

Hello Hazel

I have passed your email address to Diane.

Mike

Frankie

Hello , is this the same Horace Jn Williams who is listed as the landlord of the Goat Pub in Kensington in 1944

Frankie

geoffw

Hi Diane ,

My late grandfather Edward Alexander Williams ( known as Ted ) was brother of Horace . I wonder if you have managed to find anything out about the previous generation , so our Great Grandfather John and Grandmother Elizabeth Alice ? or earlier ? Thanks Geoff